- Effective requirements analysis and design skills.
- Creative and innovative solutions
- Created a number of useful plugins for Eclipse: some for internal use and some open source.
- Familiar with JUnit, CVS, SVN, GIT, ANT, .Net and C#, Microsoft SharePoint Portal 2010, PHP and many open source frameworks and tools.
- Made some first steps with Android programming
- Skilled with MS Office and Windows including OfficeML. Some experience of developing for AIX (Unix).
- Many years of successful development for OS/2 using C++.
- Played lead role in the design and implementation of an Information System which used J2EE technologies to present legacy data in the company intranet in a highly flexible and personalisable manner.
- Designed and developed a Parts Ordering system which enables customers throughout the world direct access to a wide spectrum of spare-parts related actions.
- Successfully introduced tools and procedures for 'continuous integration', such as unit testing, code coverage, CVS and ANT scripts. Now used daily by the development team.
- Co-developed webparts for the company portal (MS SharePoint) and developed tools to assist its administration. The portal has been successful in providing users with more rapid access to their applications.
- Investigated various Rich Client platforms and created a product based on the Eclipse RCP to enable the Service department to put all of their documentation in web format. The service technicians now have faster access to all the information and the bulky paper manuals are no longer needed.